At Sports Travel Academy, The World is Your Classroom!
We arrange programs in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Italy.
Sport Management; Sport Business; Sport & Recreation Management
December, January, March, May-September
Some of the academic highlights include: FIFA Headquarters in Zurich; IOC Headquarters Lausanne; Red Bull Headquarters; REPUCOM-a leading European Sport Marketing Business; German Olympic Museum; Bayern Munich FC; AC Milan FC; Olimpia Milano Basketball Club; Parma Panthers American FC; Ferrari Factory & Museum; Italian National Football Federation (FIGC) & also FIGC Technical Center; Virtus Rome Basketball Club; The Hague University; German Sports University in Cologne; Bocconi University Sport Business Academy; Catholic University of Sacred Heart Rome & more!
Honestly, it's not practical to list tourism highlights of Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Italy; there are just too many!!! However a few things we really like to incorporate into programs are:
- Private Canal Boat Tour in Amsterdam: Your captain will point out landmarks and this will be a nice relaxing introduction to the city. Note that Amsterdam has more kilometers of canals than any city in the world – including Venice, Italy!! The seventeenth-century canals of Amsterdam which are located in the heart of the city were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in July 2010
- Guided Walking Tour of Amsterdam includes Dam Square, Flower Market, Red Light District, Jordaan District and the area surrounding your hotel
- Tour of Anne Frank House: A pilgrimage for many, this house offers a fascinating look at the hideaway of young Anne during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands in WWII
- Guided Bicycle Tour of Amsterdam: Your local guide will venture outside of the tourist area for you to experience Amsterdam neighborhoods, idyllic small canals, quiet hidden courtyards, etc. There is a maximum of 12-15 people per group which allows for a nice private tour. This is a leisurely ride with many stops and stories.
- Visit to the German Chocolate Museum in Cologne where you will enjoy an expedition through the 3000 year history of one of the World’s favorite snacks – Chocolate!
- Visit to the German Olympic Museum in Cologne where you can trace Sport back to its origins and learn all about Germany's Olympic History
- Guided Bicycle Tour of Munich includes all the major sites and a lot of fun! This relaxed tour is an excellent orientation to the city with many stops and stories
- Visit two spectacular Bavarian Castles namely the “Kings Castles” (Konigsschlosser) where you will tour both the Hohenschwangau, which was “Mad” King Ludwig’s boyhood home, and then the Neuschwanstein, which was his second home and the castle that inspired Walt Disney
- Visit Salzburg known for the tunes of Mozart and The Sound of Music and boasts Europe’s largest intact medieval fortress as well as a spectacularly preserved Old Town, splendid gardens and Baroque Churches
- Visit the Vatican and Sistine Chapel in Rome. Highlights include: The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, Pope’s Tombs, Michelangelo's Pieta, Raphael's Rooms, Gallery of Geographic Maps, Laocoon, Belveder Apollo, Gallery of Tapistries, Gallery of Geographic Maps, Octogonal Courtyard and Immaculate Conception Room
- Two Guided Bicycle Tours of Rome! One tour will focus on Monuments and the Ancient city and the other on the back streets & neighborhoods of Rome. Your local guide will take you on a leisurely ride with many stops. Some of the high lights are: The Colosseum where the gladiators fought; The Roman Forum which is ancient Rome’s birthplace; The Pantheon which is the defining doomed temple; St. Peters Basilica, the most impressive church on earth and much, much more!
- Sports Travel Academy Program Director will travel with your group supporting Faculty. Our staff assist with program logistics and provide suitable options for the group as required. Our staff's local knowledge and contacts considerably enhance the quality of the student’s experience abroad.