At Sports Travel Academy, The World is Your Classroom!
Sport Management; Sport Business; Sport & Recreation Management; Sport Medicine/Athletic Training; Hospitality & Tourism Management; Olympic Studies
December, January, May-September
Australian Sports Commission; Australian Institute of Sport (AIS); Sport Medicine Australia (SMA); Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Center; Rod Laver Arena - Home of the Australian Open; Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) - Home of Australian Sport & main arena for 1956 Olympics; National Rugby League (NRL) headquarters; Sydney’s ANZ Stadium - Home of the 2000 Olympics; Sydney Swans AFL Club; Cronulla Sharks NRL Club; Penrith Panthers NRL Club; Cairns Taipans Professional Basketball Club; Surfers Paradise Surf Life Saving Club; Surf Australia Headquarters; Vicotria University; University of Technology Sydney (UTS); James Cook University; Bond University; Southern Cross University and more!
University of South Carolina Department of Exercise Science - Australia May 2017
- Visit a combination of cities: Sydney, Melbourne, Surfers Paradise and Cairns (cities visited and tourist activities are specific to each program and vary depending on the visited regions)
- Guided City Tour with commentary in each city you visit. Great for orientation!
- Entry to a professional sporting events. Potential events include National Rugby League (NRL), Australian Rules Football (AFL), Cricket Matches or on occasion professional basketball or soccer matches
- Sydney Harbour Highlights Cruise: A beautiful narrated cruise lasting 75 minutes with great photo opportunities
- Visit an Aussie Zoo where you can have photos taken holding a koala & baby crocodile, pet and feed kangaroos, see free flight bird and crocodile shows, as well as hundreds of other native Australian animals
- Surfboard riding lessons at Surfers Paradise by a professional and accredited surf coach, includes wetsuit and transport to appropriate beach with small/medium waves on the day (75-90 minutes)
- Entry to an Aboriginal Cultural Centre: Enjoy lessons throwing a boomerang & playing the didgeridoo as well as learn a little about Aboriginal culture, traditional foods, medicines, etc.
- Day visit to the Kuranda Ranges National Park which includes is a 60 minute Educational Ride through the Rainforest on a U.S Marine Amphibious Vehicle - an Army Duck!
- Day visit to the Daintree National Park where you will see and have time to explore the “oldest surviving rainforest in the world” (8:00 am – 6:00 pm).
- Daintree River Crocodile Cruise where you will (probably) see crocodiles in the wild.
- Full Day Great Barrier Reef Excursion (7:30am-5pm): lunch, wetsuit and snorkeling equipment are included (Scuba dives are extra US$55 per dive).
- Sports Travel Academy Program Director will travel with your group supporting Faculty. Our staff assist with program logistics and provide suitable options for the group as required. Our staff's local knowledge and contacts considerably enhance the quality of the student’s experience abroad.
Please click here to enjoy a short video of East Carolina University students enjoying there Study Abroad program Down Under!